OFQUAL is the UK Regulatory Body for Higher Education and all Boston Management and Law Business School (BMLBS) courses carry national recognition of OFQUAL.
How Top-Up Degrees Work?
- Credits awarded by BMLBS are generally accepted by UK Universities for Top-Up Programmes
- A Certificate/Diploma in a relevant subject giving access to wide range of subjects at Undergraduate or Post-Graduate Level.
- Credits earned & recognized by OFQUAL RQF are communicated to Universities for admission at the required level of the Top-Up degree
Who is Eligible for Top-Up Degrees?
Holders of a nationally recognized Certificate or Diploma in a relevant subject.
Qualifications can be verified on the official OFQUAL website
How does the Pathway work?
Depending on the credits earned and the levels reached, students can join the University Degree courses at specific points in the Academic Year.
On completion of a Boston Management and Law Business School course, students have the following options available to them:-
- Top-Up with a BMLBS Pre-Agreement
- BMLBS works in close collaboration with a range of top UK Universities, offering multiple progression routes to students.
- BMLBS negotiates lower tuition fees and provides application assistance for entry to a number of UK and International Universities.
- ATHE & LRN – BMLBS OFQUAL partners have direct articulation arrangements with several universities which give full recognition for entry. (Click here to see ATHE Progression Routes).
- BMLBS has some prior approval University Partners (Refer to our Courses Section for University Pathways/Top-Ups)
However, students have a range of options in addition to Boston Management and Law Business School or ATHE agreements
- Study FULL TIME on campus in the UK for top-up courses or direct entry to university.
- Most Universities will accept OFQUAL credits for advanced entry and therefore students can choose their own University to study full time for a shorter period. (Click here to find a University).
Students are advised to check requirements with their preferred University or local University Agent if they intend to make an application.
- Study PART TIME on Campus.
- Many Universities operate part time/evening provision.
- Students are advised to check possibilities with their preferred Universities first.
- Study by DISTANCE LEARNING for Top-up Programmes.
- BMLBS seeks direct arrangements with UK Universities running off campus distance learning programmes, to accept its students.
- Current university progression arrangements can be viewed on the specific course pages, under ‘University Top-Up’.
- Students may choose to apply directly to a UK University not linked to ATHE or BMLBS.
- Several Universities operate Distance Learning Business Programmes and students can apply directly for credits or other forms of advanced entry.
- Study with UK Universities BASED OVERSEAS.
- Some UK Universities operate overseas Campuses and may accept local students on their programmes with advanced entry –
- For example some UK Universities have campuses in Dubai, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and many more.
- Students are advised to check locally for these arrangements.
- Study with NON UK UNIVERSITIES
- Students may want to study at Institutions nearer their home country or qualifications outside of UK.
- For example many Australian Universities offer distance learning and will recognise equivalent UK qualifications on a case by case basis.
- USA and Canadian Universities will also, generally, accept UK qualification equivalence.
- Study for an AMBA MBA
- The Association of MBAs is a membership organisation that provides accreditation and upholds the highest international standards of MBA programmes.
- Many UK Universities are Members and offer distance learning study.
- Although credits cannot be given, admission can be gained via the BMLBS Level 6 or 7 plus the requisite additional entry requirements of the chosen University.
- Students are advised to check the regulations of their chosen University first.
For more information contact the Boston Management and Law Business School Support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.